Why join ...and why not.
Why Join - Membership Year March - March
- Access to the water - 7 days a week in the summer ( during British Summer Time) and 4 days a week in the winter.
- It is safe water - you may have to walk back to the club round the edge of the reservoir, but that's it...
- Racing is organised on Wednesday Night and Sundays.
- Only members can hire kit including Dinghies, SUP, Windsurfer, Kayak, Wetsuit, Buoyancy aid and Wet boots.
- You can store your kit on site, Some undercover storage (largest in UK)
- Free training for all members to use powerboats.
- RYA training centre for Sailing, Windsurfing and Powerboat
- BSUPA Qualified instructors for SUP
- BCU Qualified Canoe Instructors
- You get a key to Gate - Access to club (Parking, showers, changing room, toilet, clubhouse)
- You can use the club for your private functions free of charge
- On site bar and professionally run galley
- Reduced training costs for members
- Junior training only available to members (massively popular)
- Team 15 - Junior windsurfing is the best in the country.
- No Need to buy any kit as it can all be hired. Wetsuits and buoyancy aids are free to hire for Members
- Use of Hydrofoils permitted (Windsurf and Dinghy)
Why Not to Join Right Now
- We are a Corinthian Club - Run by members for members - All Members have to help for 2 or 3 days a year (or pay someone else to do it instead).
- You don't need to be a member to visit ( up to three times - must pay visitors fee and be signed in by a member).
- You can learn without being a member (increased tuition cost).
- Summer clubs are available for non member kids (additional cost).
- Don't know if you will like it... book a taster session to have a go.
- To hire the sailing dinghies, you have to be able to sail - (but we can train you).
- There is a waiting list for under cover storage.
- Its a highly sociable and friendly club - you will have to meet and talk to other people.
- There is a reduced fee for membership in the Autumn / Winter months when it's cold (From October).
- Water has been known to disappear in September (twice in the last twenty years).
- It's cold in the winter - go to the pub on a Sunday instead or sit in the clubhouse with the widescreen view of the reservoir and those that are on it.
- Unfortunately we do have steps and narrow corridors in and around the club so we are not access friendly for all disabilities.
- Water cannot be used for catamarans or kite surfing or water skiing or jet ski or personal powerboats
- Watersports are addictive and will change your life when you get hooked.
Not sure - check out our newsletter to find out what we get up to - Sign Up Here